Wow I can’t believe that it is the last day of 2015 already, where has this year gone? This year has been full of ups and downs so with that being said I thought I’d write a post about some of the lessons I’ve learned this year.
1. Worrying really doesn’t solve anything. – Anyone who knows me will tell you I’m possibly one of the worst worriers ever, I worry about absolute everything. I can’t 100% promise myself that i’ll stop worrying completely but I have learnt this year that worrying about problems doesn’t make them any better for the future it just causes me stress in the here and now.
2 . People don’t always mean what they say. – I’m a very honest person and I’ve always believed that being honest with people is really important but sadly this year I’ve come to the realisation that not everybody thinks honesty is very important, certain people will look you straight in the eyes and tell you 100 lies if they think it’ll benefit them.
3. I’m stronger than I think! – I don’t like complimenting myself or giving myself credit but I’ve learned that I’m a stronger person than I ever thought I was!
4. Happiness is a journey not a destination! – I know this sounds just like a cliche quote but honestly a few years ago I used to spend my life waiting for the day when I found that happy place in my life, I’ve now realised that happiness isn’t about getting to that certain place and being happy. It’s about living, enjoying the little things and finding happiness in each day.
5. Some relationships don’t last forever but that’s ok! – I’m sure at some point we’ve all had relationships/friendships that we thought would last forever and the thought of them ending would devastate us but this year has made me realise that certain people walking out of our lives is not a loss at all, the people who I mean’t to be in our lives will be.
6. Everything happens for a reason! – Everything that happens in our lives happens for a reason either a lesson or a blessing.
7. I can achieve anything in life if I work hard enough! – This year I’ve done and achieved some amazing things that I would’ve at some point thought were impossible.
8. I can’t please everybody! – I’ve spent years of my life trying to be a ‘people pleaser’ and beating myself up if someone didn’t like me, only now at age 25 am I realising that no matter who you are or what you do there will always be someone who doesn’t like you but that doesn’t mean you are any less of a person.
9. Never compare your journey to other peoples. – No two people are the same but we do live in a world where we sadly do compare ourselves to other people and feel bad if we aren’t doing what they are. This year has taught me that just because I’m not working, driving or doing exactly what they are right now doesn’t mean I’m not doing well.
10. You’re never alone! – No matter what you’re going through in life and no matter how much it hurts you’re never alone, there is always someone out there going through something similar. There is always someone who will be there to help you!
11. Don’t worry what others think of you! – There are certain people who will judge you or have something to say about something that you are doing regardless of weather it’s how you dress, how you do your make up or who you’re friends with so just be yourself and do whatever makes you happy!
12. Life is short! – I know everybody always says life is short we should make the most of it but this is so true we never know what’s around the corner and I’d hate to look back on my life and think I wish I would’ve done that or said this!
13. Be thankful for the things you have! – We all want certain things that we don’t have because we can’t afford it etc but this year more than any has made me realise that I might not have amazingly expensive things but I’m truly blessed to have a loving family, friends, food, a home and my health!
14. It’s better to be alone and happy then be unhappy with the wrong people! – Too many people strive to be a relationship so much that they’d stay with someone and be unhappy before they’d ever dream of being single, this year has taught me that being alone and learning to love yourself is much more important than rushing into a relationship.
15. Nobody is perfect! – I’m such a perfectionist when it comes to myself, I always try to do everything perfectly which definitely isn’t realistic. We all have people we look up to or admire e.g celebrities but even the most seemingly perfect people on social media have their problems. Nobody is perfect or has the perfect life it’s about loving and enjoying what you do have!
It’s crazy how much you develop and learn in a year isn’t it? Have you guys learn’t anything new this year? What are you looking forward to in 2016? Leave me your comments 🙂 I just want to take this chance to thank you guys for supporting me & seemenotcp over this last year and I wish you all happiness in 2016! 🙂 x